Irving, TX 75062
Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the financial operations of the Company providing accounting, compliance, analysis, reporting, reconciliations, and other areas as assigned.
Responsible for a variety of daily and monthly general accounting processes, month-end journal entry preparation, analysis, and reconciliations. These responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
· record revenue accounting entries, including percentage of completion method
· coordinate with multiple departments for information gathering purposes
· respond to questions and issues, communicating to operations and other functional areas in a clear and understandable manner
· assist with compiling and preparing analysis, schedules, and financial statements for internal purposes and external audits.
· other accounting responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
Exceptional attention to detail and accounting accuracy, with a proven understanding of US GAAP.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
Impeccable organization, oral and written communication skills.
Must be a self-starter and enjoys hands on responsibilities, with a mind geared towards process improvements.
Ability to adapt to changing work environment/responsibilities.
Effective interpersonal and team skills.
Experience working in a controlled environment.
Must be systems savvy.
General MS Office experience, Advanced Excel skills a must.
Oracle or other major ERP experience preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required.
Public accounting experience and CPA license preferred.
3+ years of experience.