McKinney, TX 75069
The Accountant will be a key member of the Financial Services team. The Accountant performs governmental accounting, auditing, and financial reporting. This position is also a resource for the compilation of financial reports, budget, data analysis, forecasting and special projects with a concentration in revenues and receivables.
- Provides support to the Financial Services Division with a concentration in accounting.
- Prepares accurate journal entries with adequate documentation.
- Performs analysis of accounts including reconciliations to subsidiary ledgers.
- Assists departments with general ledger inquiries and accounting questions.
- Assists in the preparation and compilation of audit schedules and year end activities.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget, audit, CAFR, and other financial documents.
- Records, tracks, and analyzes revenues including property tax, sales tax, grants, and other revenue sources.
- Reconciles daily cash, revenues, and receivables by fund and account from subsidiary ledgers.
- Assists with accounting integration to subsidiary ledgers in various software applications.
- Maintains grant project accounting and prepares quarterly/annual grant reports.
- Tracks unearned and deferred revenues, receivables, and other balance sheet activity.
- Assists with fixed assets, inventory, and internal audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Prior experience using general ledger systems, CAFRs, monthly financial reports, Internet sites, or other sources as needed.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills including the ability to calculate and tabulate data.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Successful candidates should possess three (3) years of professional accounting or financial experience. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
CPA certification and/or governmental experience preferred.