This position interacts with the Accounting and Accounts Receivable Department as well as Distributor Operations Team and Senior Management. The Manager will be responsible for the execution of the Company’s accounting policies, controls, and periodic accounting and reporting processes. The Manager is responsible for management and oversight of all distributor and co-packer accounting inclusive of invoicing, accounts receivable/collection, and adjustment processing and overall reconciliations/reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff, plan, and manage the activities of a team responsible for transaction level accounting, entry and analysis, and other support for distributor/co-packer accounts. Ensures that journal entries and reconciliations are completed in accordance with the financial close schedule and that deadlines are met. Provide ongoing training, coaching, and performance management to team members
- Responsible for the preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis, including transactions such as allocations, accruals, drayage expense and liability recording, revenue billing, etc.
- Confirm that accounts receivable are current, that collections strategies are in place to balance customer service and meet payment goals, and that the department adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages and provides operational accounting support to the Company’s distributors/co-packers as required. Work closely with distributor/co-packer accounting contact on any billing issues or concerns that are disputed
- Conducts monthly distributor/co-packer account analysis, conducting a review of related accounting entries, financial analysis, or other ad hoc reporting analysis and research as needed.
- Prepare and provide recommendations on changes to improve accounting process for this area as well as streamlining of company policies and procedures.
- Supports monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and audit processes as required. Report out Distributor/Co-Packer standard AR KPIs (as agreed with management).
- Makes and assumes other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
This position directly supervises 3-6 subordinates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 6-10 years of related accounting experience, including 2-4 years of supervisory experience
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- An affinity for daily transaction details and a passion for getting it right. Strong technical accounting and financial reporting experience. Experience working with accounting systems and process improvements. Experience with system design and implementations a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Good organizational skills and ability to adequately document reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- CPG experience a plus, sought after
- Ability to work with diverse group of contacts at various levels/capabilities.