Sulphur, Oklahoma 73086
Donovan & Watkins is partnered with an oilfield services company in search of an Plant Controller/Accounting Manager in Sulphur, Oklahoma.
This is a great opportunity for growth, the company itself is hiring in multiple roles and is offering competitive pay and benefits.
Responsible for conducting, monitoring and supervising finance and accounting operational processes, tools and activities. Administers and supervises the day to day accounting work ensuring timely completeness and integrity of financial information. Generally responsible for the end-to-end process in the assigned jurisdiction while maintaining standardized practices, internal controls and procedures. Works towards the continuous improvement of assigned jurisdiction. May manage through supervisory staff or directly manage general accounting staff. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Manage accounting functions and prepare reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results.
- Formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations; manage general accounting staff.
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function.
- Manage day to day operations of the existing cost accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis.
- Partner with Plant Manager to support corporate objectives and drive financial/operational targets set forth by upper management.
- Development and maintenance of standard costs.
- Perform the monthly closing activities including preparation of the cost to operate statement along with supporting analysis.
- Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management
- Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers.
- Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities.
- Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience in leading mid-sized groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in team-oriented environment.
Bachelor' s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
Relevant professional certification such as CPA, CA, local equivalent or Master' s in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
• 6+ years of finance experience preferably in Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing industry including 2+ years of management experience.
Base salary in the $100-120K range, plus discretionary bonus.