Accounting Policy and Controls Manager
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Our North Houston client is seeking an Accounting Policy & Controls Manager. This position is open due to an internal promotion and will move quickly!
- Monitoring FASB/IASB proposed standards and exposure drafts and assessing the impact
- Research, analysis and documentation of the impact from the issuance of new accounting standards
- Developing and updating accounting policies and communicating requirements to Finance personnel
- Researching and providing guidance on accounting policy questions/issues
- Reviewing and providing comments on draft financial statements for equity method joint ventures
- Managing the delegation of authority (DOA), the Delegation of Authorities Document (DOAD), and the electronic DOA system.
- Providing guidance on questions posed regarding the DOA and the DOAD.
- Gathering and maintaining a list of significant spreadsheets and conducting audits of the annual testing of significant spreadsheets for conformity with policy
- Initiating the annual process for management SOX testing; Maintain SOX flowcharts, testing plans, and management SOX testing results
- Working with various SOX coordinators in reviewing and posting the results of SOX testing and developing reports
- Managing the audits of management SOX testing
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years accounting/finance experience
- CPA certification
- Experience in leading and participating on teams
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
This position will pay a base salary up to $155K plus bonus. For confidential consideration please email your resume directly to Ali Tomasek at Atomasek@donwat.com.