3040 Post Oak Blvd. Suite 1500 Houston, Texas 77056
Donovan & Watkins has partnered with an oil and gas client in the Galleria area and is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. This position will be responsible for the supervision of accounting personnel ensuring daily, monthly, quarterly, and year – end activities are processed correctly, timely, and accurately. Additional duties will include the following:
- Oversee monthly financial close process and direct general ledger team to ensure timely and accurate submission of journal entries and reports. Coordination of the team to ensure that work is properly allocated.
- Prepare trend analysis and variance analysis reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of monthly reports
- Prepare and/or Review monthly reconciliations and journal entries. Verify that explanations of material variances, identification of account issues, and reporting to management have been identified correctly.
- Provide quarterly and ad hoc requests for SEC reporting and tax compliance to Wellington team and 3rd party consultants
- Review vendor/customer master data changes to ensure accuracy
- Ensure monthly data maintenance of lease accounting system (ASC 842)
- Ensure all reports and supporting documentation as required by SOX/Internal Controls are properly approved and retained
- Ability to work with other internal departments to resolve process or system issues.
- Coach, supervise, and assist in the day to day management of the team.
- Provide support for internal and external audit requests and requirements.
- Document team processes and procedures. Continuously review and evaluate processes for improvement and efficiency
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures, including the review and implementation of process and system changes
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting with 5 years of experience and 1 year of management. If you are interested in learning more, please apply within and send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.