BA - Finance and Accounting
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Our client located in Houston has an immediate need for a Business Analyst – Finance and Accounting. The analyst serves as the liaison between the Finance & Accounting business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. This role is responsible for IT projects involving and impacting Finance and Accounting operations.
The Business Analyst – Finance and Accounting’ s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects and project related activities for Accounting (including General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA), Payroll, Internal & External Financial Reporting and Tax).
- Assist in defining and designing high level technical Accounting solutions.
- Identify risks, issues, and dependencies across projects.
- Collaborate with technology partners, cross-functional IT groups and the Business to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of development in support activities. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, IT, Computer Science or related field is required.
- 5+ years minimum experience working on Accounting/Finance related projects.
- 2+ years of ERP Systems experience highly preferred.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional or PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience with Infor’ s Lawson ERP a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow, Chart of Accounts, etc.
- Accounting processes related to General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA), Payroll, Internal & External Financial Reporting, Taxes, and monthly close processes.
- Project Management principles and practices.
- Must have experience gathering requirements and creating Requirements and Functional Documents.
- Must have experience working with complete SDLC (both Waterfall/Agile).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including but not limited to): Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, and Project.