Waco, TX 76710
Donovan & Watkins' client located in Waco, TX has an immediate need for a CFO! Excellent base salary along with a high target bonus and equity being offered!
Focuses will be:
Strategy & Planning
· Act as strategic business partner to CEO and other members of executive leadership team.
· Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization in regard to operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
· Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term strategic plans.
· Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, and Executive Leadership Team including preparation for and participation in quarterly board meetings.
· Serve as a key member of executive leadership team.
Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
· Develop and maintain annual operating budget for all locations and consolidated.
· Prepare annual capital spending plan in coordination with CEO and plant operational team.
· Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide reports to board, CEO, and management team
· Prepare revised forecasting throughout the year as needed for lenders and management.
· Foster and maintain relationships with lenders as needed.
· Track and evaluate cash on a daily basis to ensure proper levels are maintained to meet all short-term needs.
· Manage loans to ensure that the lowest rates are maintained.
· Oversee lender initiated audits.
IT and Systems Management
· Oversee the accounting, ERP, and payroll systems and ensure proper function.
· Prior implementation of WMS
· Manage outside IT contractor
· Assess the need for all IT capital spending as needed.
Accounting and General Ledger
· Supervise the accounting department including AP, AR, Payroll, inventory, and cost accounting and ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
· Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
· Oversee the month-end close process including monthly physical inventory at all locations and review of monthly results with Controller.
· Analyze and approve all necessary accruals and reserves required by GAAP.
· Manage and process all capital spending requests, including preparation of ROI analysis as needed.
· Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP and distribute in a timely manner.
· Ensure BOM and inventory cost components are correct in the ERP system through periodic review
· Strive to improve data flow through process reviews and elimination of non-value-added work.
· Oversee annual audit by external firm and ensure the timely issuance of statements.