Haltom City, TX 76117
CPA is preferred Position will report to the CFO
The Controller is responsible analyzing financial analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization. This position ensures the Cost of Goods Sold reports are accurate, to include job profitability. The Controller is also responsible for the month-end close process and preparation of multi-plant financial and operational reports along with other projects as assigned. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of Company goals. This position reports to the CFO.
As the Controller you must be a well-organized and detail-oriented team player. You must be flexible and able to work well under time constraints in a fast paced environment. It is also important for you to be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Other qualifications of the role include:
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Establish and maintain a focus on improving internal and external controls
- Drive the efforts to utilize the ERP/MRP (EPICOR) system in the generation and preparation of core financial reports and analysis
- Assist the CFO with the annual independent audit through planning and coordination with our external auditors
- Recommend and implement improvements to the internal accounting controls to ensure the reliability of the financial reporting system. Implement procedures to ensure that appropriate processes are in place
- Produce a monthly standard financial reporting package detailing operational results with quantitative and qualitative commentary
- Review financial data to analyze revenue and expense trends and suggest operational action where appropriate
- Ability to work in a team environment across all levels of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, General Ledger (debits/credits) and financial reporting experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform multiple aspects of financial, auditing, and cost accounting
- Ability to interpret and communicate accounting information.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to grow with the company as needs / roles change over time.
- Experience in a variety of manufacturing environments; such as standard and job costing, manufacturing variance analysis, and information and process flow
- Proficiency in Analytics
- Experience in Continuous Improvement or LEAN principles
- Ability to perform both high level and detailed root cause
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with a strong comprehension of account relationships and reconciliations
- Experience working with an ERP accounting system (company utilizes EPICOR).
- VERY detail oriented, with an advanced knowledge in the use of Excel.
- Create and Collaborate on continuous improvement initiatives
- Auditing and assessment of internal control for business units
- Preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements
- Providing financial variance reviews, metrics and analysis for division locations
- Assisting in monthly and annually closing and reporting duties
- Reviewing standard costs for new products as well as existing products when processes or inputs change
- Maintaining and reviewing internal controls, ensuring accurate presentation of financial statements, and safeguarding company assets
- KPI development and analysis with emphasis on several areas
- Assisting management in developing and maintaining accurate standards for material, labor, and overhead costs
- Traveling to locations to work with production and accounting staff to ensure accuracy of processes and cost allocations
- Assisting with special projects and analysis as needed
- Strong cost accounting experience
- Strong percent of complete methodology expertise
- Job requires being honest and ethical
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
- Ability to lead, to motivate, and strategize for multiple team with multiple high priority projects
- Experience with Average Cost inventory valuation methods
- Public accounting experience or related experience with audit and internal controls
- Change management skills
- Strong problem solver