Corporate Accounting Manager
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Responsible for overseeing the general ledger and fixed assets departments, as well as a variety of daily and monthly general accounting processes. These responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure accurate and timely closing on a monthly basis.
- Design, implement, and review account reconciliations and analyses. Ensure account balances are properly and adequately supported.
- Work closely with external auditors to provide support for the Company’s quarterly and annual filings.
- In-charge of various process improvement and integration projects.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance to internal controls around closing.
- Directs the daily activities and the career development of team members.
- Assists with compiling and preparing analyses and schedules for internal review purposes.
- Research for variances or inquiries from other departments.
- Other finance / accounting responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accounting accuracy, with a proven understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Impeccable organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and enjoys hands on responsibilities, with a mind geared towards process improvements.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment/responsibilities.
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Experience working in a controlled environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Public accounting experience and CPA license preferred.
- 5+ years of experience
What we are looking for, for this role:
- Public Accounting
- Process Improvement Mindset
- Strong GL/Fixed Assets
- Solid Audit/Compliance/GAAP/SOX
- Manufacturing – Nice to have
- Oracle – Nice to have