800 Gessner Rd Houston, Texas 77024
Position: Corporate / Associate Counsel
**MUST HAVE INSURANCE EXPERIENCE BACKGROUND**
Donovan & Watkins is looking for an Associate Corporate Counsel in the Energy Corridor area of Houston to support VP of Legal Compliance for a corporate company.
The candidate' s role will include the negotiation and drafting of contracts, including, customer and supplier agreements; master supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements; joint development agreements; licensing agreements and employment contracts. Manage insurance companies and insurance agencies compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Make necessary filings and reports on behalf of insurance companies and insurance agencies. Act proactively to foster compliance and promote a culture of compliance within the organization. Seek opportunities to educate management and staff on compliance issues.
- 4 year college degree and JD degree from an ABA-approved law school
- Be an active member and in good standing of the Bar
- Possess 4-7 years significant corporate contracts, transactional, and merger and acquisitions experience, including drafting and negotiating transaction documents, contracts, and overseeing due diligence in M&A transactions.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Good basic skills on Microsoft suite products, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Solid reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Demands detail-oriented employee
- Requires availability of employee to work after the normal close of business or on weekends as needed to meet regulatory and business deadlines
- Familiarity with online researching of laws and regulations
- Perform high quality work within deadlines
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Correctly and time-efficiently analyze legal and compliance requirements imposed by law
- Interact professionally and courteously with other employees, customers, suppliers and governmental agencies
- Have a positive, team player attitude
- Be able to work with minimum supervision
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees and management as appropriate
IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE EXPERIENCE PLEASE APPLY TO IRENE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading this post!