Corporate Legal Counsel
940 Ridgebrook Road Sparks , Maryland 21152-9390
Currently, seeking a Corporate Legal Counsel with finance, corporate contract negotiations experience to join the team in Sparks, Maryland.
********** Data Privacy A MUST ***********
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to an Assistant General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will lead contract negotiations and provide counsel to the business on a variety of matters.
- The Legal Counsel will be on the front line for all legal and internal business inquiries related to contracts, including disputes and customer issues as well as drafting and negotiating agreements with customers.
- Responsible for liaising with Element’ s IT and software product departments, negotiating data privacy and security agreements/exhibits with clients, and apprising the rest of the legal team of developments and issues concerning data privacy and security.
- Help develop and improve internal legal processes and will take primary legal responsibility for one or more product areas (including all legal documents related thereto). The Legal Counsel will work closely with the product and operations departments associated with their product area to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Advise the business of various legal and risk issues as needed, including contract review for internal audit and to ensure contractual compliance with securitization eligibility requirements.
- Regularly review and analyze of statutes and federal regulations relevant to the vehicle management and leasing business.
- Assist in development of new products and services, including negating sourcing agreements with vendors and other partners and drafting new program agreements for clients.
- Assist business development with RFP/RFI responses and bids.
- Provide research, guidance and assistance for other attorneys across North America.
- Provide ongoing training on pertinent legal and regulatory issues that affect the company.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- A license, in good standing, to practice law in or one or more state.
- At least 3 years’ experience negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, including ability to listen closely, ask questions, and spot issues.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to successfully interface with all levels and areas of the organization, including the executive leader level.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Microsoft Office and other office software.
- Previous in-house counsel experience.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial, corporate, and finance agreements.
- Experience negotiating data privacy and security agreements and familiarity with data privacy and security issues facing technology companies.
- General business knowledge, particularly in finance.
- Familiarity with equipment leasing and/or commercial loan documentation.
- Experience in contract compliance management and contract administration processes and systems.
Please upload a Word formatted resume for review.
Contact Irene Markantonis: firstname.lastname@example.org