Customer Service Representative
Garland, TX 75041
The Customer Service Representative is a member of the Customer Service team and reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
Collaborates with customers and various team members to ensure customer requirements are met, with a focus on value.
- Added service, cost reduction and efficient work practices within individual area of responsibility and throughout the Supply Chain. Customer master data maintenance, order f fulfillment, and customer support to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Practice safe work habits in accordance with OSHA and EPA guidelines, expectations. Communicate effectively with customers, operations, sales, finance, and logistics personnel.
- Process and fulfill customer orders. Maintain customer master records.
- Process invoice adjustments for assigned territory (credit/debit memo). Enter and coordinate customer complaint resolution and return activity.
- Apply problem solving skills to improve forecast accuracy, reduce inventory and related costs (i.e., sleeping inventory sales, SKU reduction, S&OP implementation, etc.).
- Search for, develop and implement cost saving measures to support growth in profit/revenue.
- Initiate and maintain customer projects/programs.
- Support Management System requirements (focus on continuous process improvement).
- Provide backup assistance to assigned Customer Service Representatives.
- Provide training to new/existing personnel in Customer Service processes.
- Support customer visits (internal/external);
- Support any other initiative as requested to meet divisional goals and objectives.
- A fast paced, high pressure environment where accuracy and responsiveness are essential. Simultaneous competing priorities require effective and efficient work methods to succeed.
- Cross functional, matrix organization that values persona l commitment to safety, ability to adapt individual work style to leverage diverse cultures, aptitudes, and methods of operating.
- High performance collaboration, both individual and project team environment, where timely follow through with stakeholders and meeting personal commitments are important to obtain optimum result.
- Heavy use of computer software, both PC based and enterprise system, combined with frequent interpersonal communication.
- Provide excellent service to customers through timely, accurate and seamless end-to-end movement of information and goods to meet customer's true requirements.
- Utilize analytical tools to gather data, analyze and report customer satisfaction KPls, and create service scorecards to continually measure and improve service to customers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years working in customer service, inside sales, or production planning ideally with in a manufacturing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (second language valued).
- Demonstrated competency in planning, time management, project management, analytics, problem solving, and goal setting.
- Strong, effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Team orientation.
- Self-motivated with a high level work ethic; holds self-accountable and responsible.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT and ERP systems.