Director - Asset Management
Dallas, TX 75254
Individual will be an integral member of the broader Asset Management team responsible for maximizing value and achieving well-defined company goals for a portfolio of hotel investments through aggressive asset management strategies and setting expectations with property and above-property leaders. This position reports to either a DVP or SVP of Asset Management.
- Personally manages a portfolio of 18 to 22 lodging assets.
- Conducts month-end reviews of operating statements and guest satisfaction scores and tracks performance against our success metrics.
- Evaluates and challenges annual operating and capital budgets to ensure alignment with our goals.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of market conditions affecting assigned hotels.
- Participates in the revenue optimization function alongside the RO team, ensuring assigned assets are positioned for a positive share growth curve.
- Monitors capital needs at assigned hotels and contributes to the development of the overall capital plan. Works with Our Capital Management team to ensure capital projects are completed on time and within approved scope.
- Interacts with property and above-property management to improve performance and resolve issues. Must be proactive in implementing action plans and establishing mechanism to track progress.
- Assists with special projects such as underwriting support for hotel investments when needed.
- Sources and develops industry leading asset management strategies or services that support the mission of value creation across the portfolio.
- Participates in content development and delivery of meetings, conferences and training for the asset management team.
- Monitors and participates in the preventative maintenance review process, ensuring the assigned assets are being cared for properly.
- Evaluates hotel leadership effectiveness and provides timely, actionable feedback designed to support the GMs in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Identifies value enhancement opportunities within assigned portfolio.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in an honest and ethical manner and in compliance with all laws, regulations, and Company policies.
Personal and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of seven to 10 years of relevant experience including, but not limited to, hotel asset management, hotel operations, hotel marketing, sales and revenue management, real estate finance and hospitality industry consulting.
- Ability to be self-motivated, goal-oriented and results driven, while working in a team environment. Ability to tackle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to reconcile perspectives and priorities of hotel ownership, on-site property operations, above-property management and brand initiatives/direction through effective influencing of all constituents.
- Must possess a positive attitude, execute creative solutions, provide innovations in problem solving, and be tenacious in accomplishing tasks while exercising integrity, honesty and discretion.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with both internal and external constituents through effective oral and written communications in order to motivate them to perform above and beyond expectations.