Equipment Control/Gear Coordinator
Houston, Texas 77015
Our East Houston logistics client is seeking candidates for a contract to hire Equipment Control/Gear Coordinator opportunity! The strongest candidates will have 1+ years inventory/equipment control or data entry experience in an accuracy and deadline driven environment.
The Equipment Control/Gear Coordinator performs activities related to the tracking of containers and lifting gear.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for tracking container activity on a daily basis through the use of activity reports provided by our agents and stevedores
· Maintain the Equipment Control database and other customer specific data bases and ensure all data contained within is accurate
· Responsible for releasing Equipment specified in the customer’ s booking to trucking companies while maintaining the on-hand inventory
· Ability to provide assistance on container related issues to internal departments, agents, customers and truck lines as needed
· Run and analyze various reports for the Equipment Team
· Review invoices to insure accuracy
· Maintain and monitor relationships with foreign agencies, stevedores and other 3rd party entities with regards to all container activity, reports and inventory related expenses
· Responsible for tracking gear activity through the use of materials lists provided to various vessels
· Maintain the Gear database and ensure all data contained within is accurate
· Maintain/Update Gear calendar which schedules Materials Lists and Vessel Gear Inspections
· Insure all required documentation is being received by the Gear Dept
This includes but not limited to
· Materials Lists, Vessel Inventories, Proof of Delivery, and Certificates of Compliance
· Issue Purchase Orders as needed and maintain the associated files
· Review Vessel Inventories for accuracy on monthly basis
· Run and analyze various reports for the Gear Team
· Examine work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to company policies and procedures
Essential Tasks Performed
· Maintain the Equipment Control and Gear databases.
· Release containers
· Maintaining Equipment Control and Gear files
· Maintain Gear Department’ s Activity Calendar
· Assist Equipment Control and Gear Teams with various reports/functions as needed
· 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Basic knowledge of the maritime/container industry
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and basic computer literacy
· Proficient data entry skills and use of 10-key with accuracy being paramount
· Highly organized
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday - Friday, 800am - 500pm - some weekend and holiday work may be required.