10550 S Sam Houston Pkwy W Houston, Texas 77071
Donovan and Watkins is seeking a direct hire Estimator for our Southeast Houston consultative production design client! The Estimator will prepare cost estimates for the production and fabrication of various components on the projects - working with the designers and the detailers to ensure the estimates are profitable and reflect a true cost analysis.
- Prepares estimates by gathering drawings, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying drawings, blueprints, specifications, and related documents; Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains projects budgets by attending internal meetings; reviewing technical drawings, keeping open communication with the designers and sales staff.
- Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with designers, sales staff and vendors on estimates
- Evaluate a product' s cost-effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- 2+ years relevant experience in the trade show exhibits/events / construction / corporate interiors
- Ability to read blueprints and a working knowledge of standard display building materials and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PC and Internet
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to anticipate problems, analyze and proactively determine alternate solutions
- Must be accurate, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours under extreme pressure and maintain deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to assume responsibility for completion of estimates in the absence of direct supervision
- Strong mathematical skills
If you are interested in our Estimator opportunity, please forward a detailed Word-formatted resume to Cass at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate review!