Fixed Assets Manager
Fixed Assets Manager
This position oversees the day to day operations of the Fixed Asset team to ensure fixed assets are properly accounted for. The activities of the department include recording and accounting for fixed asset transactions, fixed asset master data maintenance, monthly accounting close processes and periodic transaction research and financial analysis. The Fixed Asset Manager is also responsible for compiling and communicating variances between actual, budgeted and projected capital spend and working cross functionally with other departments to provide various reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the hiring, training and development of the Fixed Asset staff.
- Oversee the work of Fixed Asset staff members to ensure that staff workloads and capabilities align with department goals
- Provide performance feedback and evaluations for the staff in accordance with company policy and standards.
- Maintain a continuous focus on quality improvement and efficiency for the fixed asset team.
- Appropriately manage the Fixed Asset department’s budgets, including the use of overtime, to ensure maximum effectiveness of the team.
- Develop metrics and consistently manage against aggressive goals and objectives.
Accountable for the accurate accounting and recording of fixed asset transactions and master data maintenance in the fixed asset sub-ledger.
- Oversee and direct all fixed asset transactions that record, change or update asset records, i.e. additions, disposals, transfers, asset groups, account codes, etc.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in a timely manner in accordance with GAAP
- Develop, document and implement department processes and controls to ensure the proper recording and maintenance of company assets in the sub-ledger.
Work in partnership with the G/L Accounting Group and Operations Group to conduct the annual fixed asset existence testing.
- Collaborate to develop and communicate the instructions for the annual physical audit, as well as provide training and support to all field managers.
- Provide oversight, guidance and reporting to operations on the inventory status to ensure that the established timeline is met.
Accountable for the monthly fixed asset accounting close process and related reporting and tracking.
- Responsible for the sub-ledger interface journal entry into the general ledger, as part of the month-end close process.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger accounts.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of the fixed asset roll-forward, CAPEX and other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Prepare audit schedules and resolve audit issues as identified by internal and/or external auditors.
Makes and assumes other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
This position has a direct and significant effect on the company financial records. Accuracy and completeness is critical to the proper classification and reporting of assets acquired, depreciated, and disposed.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY, FUNDS, AND INFORMATION:
Has access to customer and credit records, vendor records, distributor agreements, pricing information, contractual agreements, accounting and financial information, trade secrets, and extensive confidential information. May have access to company funds or assets.
Fixed Asset staff as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing fixed assets processes and teams. Microsoft Dynamics AX experience required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to identify and resolve issues independently. Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Fixed Asset/General Ledger systems. Strong GAAP knowledge, analytical, and problem solving skills.