Hospital Accounts Receivable Associate
2375 North Glenville Dr Richardson, TX 75082
Hospital A/R Associate
Join a growing Central Billing Office team in the North Texas Area!
This position is responsible for the resolution of outstanding and/or denied claims.
· Performs collection activity to ensure proper resolution and reimbursement on claims;
· Provides thorough, courteous, and professional assistance to coworkers and patients;
· Ensures that all claims are billed and collected and meet all government mandated policies for Integrity and Compliance;
· Collaborates with hospital departments in the resolution of accounts;
· Resolves claims processing issues with third party payers and provide all required information timely; involves patients and family members (where necessary) to ensure timely resolution of claims with insurance companies;
· Resubmits clean and accurate claims to insurance companies in a timely and compliant manner;
· Researches, prepares, and submits appeals to insurance companies;
· Details all actions taken on account with clear and concise notes;
· Monitors and recognizes denials and/or issues that may be trends and escalate to supervisor as needed; and Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus;
- Understands payer guidelines related to effective claim resolution;
- Knowledgeable and proficient with payer websites and other useful resources;
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures;