International Tax Manager
9800 Richmond Avenue, Suite 700 Houston, Texas 77042
The International Tax Manager is responsible for the global tax compliance, including U.S. and other exploratory countries in other continents and preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated tax provision determined using U.S. GAAP and for working with external advisers on tax planning initiatives for this publicly held company and its subsidiaries.
This position will prepare the interim and yearend tax provision on a timely basis and work closely with senior management to ensure that assumptions and judgments taken are reasonable and well supported. This position addresses tight quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Work closely with accounting team and external tax advisors in the preparation of income tax filings in the U.S., other exploratory countries and other jurisdictions.
- Prepare the interim and yearend tax provision calculation in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Work closely with financial planning and reporting as well as operations in developing forecasting models used for financial projections as well as asset valuations.
- Liaise and work closely with human resources, accounts payable and procurement to ensure that they maintain strong processes and procedures to ensure compliance with various employee and vendor tax reporting and withholding requirements.
- Collaborate with external tax advisors and senior management on transactional tax planning projects.
- Ensures that internal controls performed by his/her are being performed properly and are effective to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of tax and financial information.
- Advises CAO and finance staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions, including research documentation and memos.
- Is proactive in understanding and communicating to stakeholders the drivers behind tax expense.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated experience as a well-rounded tax manager with strong execution skills; demonstrated knowledge of U.S. and international tax reporting systems and processes; demonstrated knowledge of application of US GAAP in reporting for income taxes and an ability to interpret the impact of new accounting principles; demonstrated excellence in verbal, presentation and written communication skills including solid skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint with knowledge of IDEAS software, tax software or similar accounting tools a plus; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and influence business decisions; and strong leadership, team building and customer relationship skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor' s degree in Accounting and a CPA (preferably active). Minimum 6 years total experience preferably including Big Four, or other public accounting, and experience in the upstream oil and gas industry.
Please upload a Word formatted resume and apply to Irene Markantonis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add your salary requirements for this position.
Thank you for reading this post!