Legal Assistant - Business Group
2925 Richmond Ave. Houston, Texas 77098
Donovan & Watkins' client, an established inner-loop defense firm seeks a Legal Assistant with at least 3-5 years corporate transactional experience to support the business group and assist with the preparation and filing of corporate documents, maintenance of corporate records and real estate transactions. The business group serves multinational companies, middle-market businesses and entrepreneurs in need of collaborative and strategic representation.
The firm is very family oriented with very little turnover. The majority of the staff has been there for a number of years.
The position requires an individual able to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of both commercial real estate concepts and transactions.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare corporate documents and materials to include exhibits and schedules; prepare final forms of transaction documents
- Coordinate closings and manage preparation of closing binders for various corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and private placements and other public offerings
- Experience with Entity Formation and Minute Books to include:
– Secretary of State records; entity searches, people searches, UCC searches, etc.; tax appraisal district records, all counties; deed records of Harris County and surrounding counties; serve as resource for Legal Assistants for conducting such tasks
– Draft formation documents for basic entities (single member LLC’ s, etc.)
– Maintain library of “ best practices” entity formation forms
– Maintain physical and electronic minute books
Real Estate duties:
- Assist attorneys in title and survey review
- Organize and coordinate property acquisition activities, including title clearance
- Organize/Coordinate Commercial Real Estate Sale and Loan closings, including preparation of all closing documents.
- Assist in drafting of purchase and sale agreements and residential real estate leases
- Order estimates of redemption, water certifications, zoning certifications, & property inspections.
- Review title reports, obtain payoff statements, and obtain clearance of all title issues
- Post-closing document control, UCCs, satisfactions
- Office Suite and Acrobat Adobe Pro proficiency
- Interwoven - IManage/FileSite/WorkSite and EDGAR experience preferred
- Coyote experience a plus
- Interwoven experience (good to expert level skills including searching, saving, naming, retrieving documents, etc.)
- Westlaw (familiarity with basic Westlaw research for pulling statutes, cases and articles and conducting basic legal research)