Manager, Corporate Accounting
Houston, TX 77042
- Coordinates monthly accounting and general ledger close activities to successfully meet internal and external deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of subsidiary and consolidated financial statements and monthly financial packages.
- Manage the AP and General Ledger accounting staff.
- Review disbursements for accuracy, approvals and proper documentation.
- Review and approve journal entries.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with department policies, internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations.
- Assist with internal and external financial statement audits.
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting; Masters of Accountancy or MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
- Minimum five or more years related business experience (10+ preferred); with minimum of five years supervisory experience; Midstream industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) accounting system preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel experience required