Manager, Operational Accounting
Houston, TX 77042
Excellent opportunity for a growing company in Houston!
Will manage a team and processes associated with the gross margin accounting functions pertaining to the recording and reporting of all transactions involving the gathering, processing and transporting of natural gas, natural gas liquids, condensate and crude oil for a selected group of assets and reporting the monthly gross margin for each asset.
- Direct oversight of revenue accounting team that is accountable for all gross margin accounting functions including revenue (including estimates), settlements, and imbalances for designated assets
- Manages the monthly accounting close process, which includes reviewing monthly journal entries and the accrual to actual account reconciliations and ensures proper accounting treatment
- Analyzes and reviews gross margin variances, key operating statistics, price/volume variances and the operating results (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Responsible for the timely preparation and presentation of the AR aging report to Upper Management including key commentary
- Reviews monthly invoices and settlements; answers and resolves internal and external customer inquiries
- Responds to internal and external audit inquiries including the review of their team’ s deliverables to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Assist in the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls/SOX controls related to the gross margin functions that they are responsible for
- Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies and controls
- Assist in regulatory reporting inquiries to help ensure timeliness of filings
- Anticipated travel up to 15%.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting; Masters of Accountancy or MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Minimum 10 or more years related business experience; Minimum of five years supervisory experience; Midstream experience required!
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and ability to apply those principles to new and existing transactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience required; Great Plains and Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred