Payroll Administrator II
Milwaukeee, WI 53214
Summary: The Payroll Shared Services Center Administrator II provides Payroll support to all clients customers through the Payroll Shared Services Center by processing transactions and answering Payroll questions. Responsibilities to include: assisting the Payroll SSC Administrators with problem-solving and implementing best practices, payroll processing for Salary, Hourly, Union, In/Ex-Pat employees, and maintain the integrity of HR/Payroll data. This position will keep informed about changes in Federal and State laws as they pertain to Payroll processing, work as a team with the other SSC members, and interact with the Director and Managers on project work.
Primary Responsibility/Job Duties:
· Processing of weekly and bi-weekly payroll.
· Provides assistance to Payroll SSC Administrators with their daily duties.
· Perform as a subject matter expert and can perform complex tasks and payroll processes with limited direct supervision.
· Maintains and ensures the integrity and confidentiality of all employee files.
· Ensures the integrity of all HRIS records including employee information, reporting relationships, position codes, etc.
· Answers questions and assists with Payroll issue resolution for all employees.
· Escalate issues to payroll processing vendor, ADP, as needed via CRM tickets.
· Assisting management in the cross training and implementation of best practices within the department.
· Ensure consistent treatment of departmental controls and procedures.
· Ensure on-going Internal Control compliance.
· Cross-trains and serves as backup to others in department as necessary.
· Use of Case Management system for question/resolution tracking.
· Work closely with and have a good understanding of the payroll dependencies for Human Resources, Data Entry, Payroll Tax and Payroll General Ledger.
· High school education or G.E.D.
· Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree in related field preferred.
· Payroll FPC Professional designation preferred, but not required.
Specific Job Skills:
· PC Skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database. (MS Word, Excel). Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments and ability to recommend improvements.
· Shared Services Center experience preferred, but not required.
· Advanced knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll laws and regulations.
· General knowledge of varying types of Health and Welfare plans.
· Experience working in a union environment preferred, but not required.
· Human Capital Management (HCM) or other related systems experience. ADP and/or SuccessFactors experience required.
· Excellent command of English – fluency in Spanish or French desired.
Two years directly related experience in Payroll Administration desired with thorough knowledge of departmental functions, procedures, terminology and interrelationships