Plano, Texas 75024
This individual is responsible for defining the needs and direction of the department, as well as managing workflow and scope through the creation or redesign of payroll policies and procedures. The Payroll Director acts as the primary contact for payroll related vendors and tax agencies, as well as Human Resources and Finance, and any employee related inquiry. The right candidate will be analytical with strong problem solving skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, and possess a strong commitment to customer service. He or she will have an attention to detail and possess the ability to work with extreme accuracy under pressure. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership qualities, to bring structure and process to this organization to support growth.
· REQUIRED: Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· REQUIRED: CPP certification
· REQUIRED: Multi State experience
· 5-7 years of experience in diverse payroll functions, with increasing responsibility, and recent experience for a mid to large sized multi-state employer
· Experience with UltiPro a plus
· Proven skills and proficiencies in procedures, Federal/State/Local statutory guidelines, and basic rules governing Payroll processes
- Strong leadership skills are a must
- Excellent customer service skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate in Microsoft suite, with strong intermediate level Excel skills
- Must possess a sense of urgency in completing tasks, and be detail oriented
- Ability to keep management and your payroll team members in the loop of pertinent communication and decisions made
- Ability to juggle multiple commitments and plan assignments in order to meet regular deadlines
- Oversee the payroll team as needed with the complete biweekly payroll life cycle for multi-state employees, as well as manage all aspects of year end process (Communicating payroll deadlines around holidays, W-2's, federal, state and local tax filings, etc.), payroll tax reporting, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy of payments submitted to the payroll processing company including hours calculations, adjustments, reimbursements, refunds, void checks, garnishments, taxes, balancing payroll entries, etc.
- Responsible for the effective coaching, mentoring, developing, and managing of two payroll team members
- Keeps informed of Federal/State/Local legislative changes that necessitate changes to payroll coding for compliance reasons
- Review current processes and work with payroll team members to determine if there are opportunities for efficiencies
- Oversee a variety of complex reporting functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of payroll/benefit records and payment of funds as needed