Payroll SSC Administrator
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Summary: The Payroll Shared Services Center Administrator provides Payroll support to all Clients customers through the Payroll Shared Services Center by processing transactions and answering Payroll questions. Responsibilities to include: daily call center participation, payroll processing for Salary, Hourly, Union, In/Ex-Pat employees, and maintain the integrity of HR/Payroll data. This position will keep informed about changes in Federal and State laws as they pertain to Payroll processing, work as a team with the other SSC members, and interact with the Director and Managers on project work.
Primary Responsibilities/Job Duties:
· Ensures the integrity of all HRIS records including employee information, reporting relationships, position codes, etc.
· Answers questions and assists with Payroll issue resolution for all employees.
· Weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing.
· Ensure on-going SOX compliance.
· Use of Case Management system for question/resolution tracking
· Process information requests from varying government agencies.
· High school education or G.E.D.
· Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree in related field preferred.
Payroll FPC Professional designation preferred, but not required.
Specific Job Skills:
· PC Skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database. (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments and ability to recommend improvements.
· Shared Services Center experience preferred, but not required.
· Enhanced knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll laws and regulations.
· General knowledge of varying types of Health and Welfare plans.
· Experience working in with union payroll preferred, but not required.
· Sarbanes-Oxley (“ SOX”) experience preferred, but not required.
· Human Resources Information System (“ HRIS”) or other related mainframe systems experience.
· ADP experience strongly preferred.
· ADP eTime experience preferred, but not required.
· Three years directly related experience in Payroll desired with thorough knowledge of Payroll departmental functions, procedures, terminology and interrelationships.