Payroll Tax Analyst
Milwaukee, WI 53214
The Payroll Tax Analyst will be responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns through our third party tax provider. This role is responsible for the accuracy of payroll tax calculations and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing special reports for internal stakeholders. This position will work directly with the Payroll team, HR Business Partners, HR Shared Services, Corporate Tax, Accounting and Finance teams, to achieve desired results for accurate reporting and efficiency through automation, as well as managing the relationship with our third party tax reporting provider.
· Responsible for weekly and biweekly multi-state payrolls tax reconciliation as well as supporting all aspects of quarterly tax reconciliation and year end processing for 8 US FEIN’ s (including US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico) and 3 Canadian BN’ s.
· Reviews and audits periodic, quarterly and year-end tax reports
· Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, correcting any payroll tax related discrepancies within the payroll software and with the applicable federal, state, and local agencies
· Accurate and timely preparation of all Local and Occupational Special Tax reporting that ADP currently does not perform
· Supports all audits, both internal and external, to ensure the Company complies with requests for payroll and tax data and to work with Auditors to successful resolution.
· Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll tax regulations, including conducting any necessary tax research
· Perform all year-end duties in preparation for W-2's including extensive analysis of the tax data. Assist with creating and preparing all W-2C's.
· Unemployment management including working with third party vendor
· Ensure accurate reporting of all imputed income for stock transactions, relocations, and expatriate expenses
· Ensure and validate all applicable tax rates are updated in the payroll software system and submitted to Tax Services in a timely fashion
· Oversee all assignment incentives and allowances paid to International Assignees, Inbound Foreign Nationals, and domestic employees on assignments to ensure timely and accurate payment.
· Oversee payroll entry for Foreign Nationals on ‘ shadow’ payroll to ensure all costs are recorded timely, accurately, and in compliance with applicable tax law.
· Work with Tax Partners to ensure they have all necessary documentation to properly file US and Foreign tax returns for employees on assignment.
· Responsible for reviewing the accuracy of Payroll and Tax related Government Reporting and SOX Testing.
· Education: Requires a Bachelor’ s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Certification: Payroll (CPP), HRCI or related accreditation preferred
Job Specific Skills:
· Proficient in multi-state and multi-location payrolls
· Knowledge and experience in payroll tax of multiple legal entity tax filings, accounting and/or related subject matter desired
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of HR payroll Systems (preferably ADP)
· Automatic Data Processing (ADP) tax provider experience required
Sarbanes Oxley (“ SOX”) experience preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years Payroll experience for a publicly traded company having a multi-state payroll of 5000 or more employees