Quality Control Manager-QAKE
Garland , TX
Chemicals/Plastics manufacturer is seeking an experienced professional to manage the activities in the manufacturing area which relate or contribute to a consistently high – quality product in Dallas, Texas.
- Establish and supervise standards for the Quality Control Process
- Collaborate with the Operations and Plant Mangers to achieve customer satisfaction and projected organizational outcomes
- Work with the Production staff to resolve and correct production techniques or practices that result in quality problems and/or decreased productivity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Interact with the R&D staff, on behalf of the Manufacturing group, to ensure that new formulations are within the capabilities of the Production staff, and problem formulations not correctable by improved production techniques
- Supervise activities which will ensure that all data generated in the manufacturing of finished products are accurate and are entered into the computer system in a timely fashion
- Review all base resin quality and yield analysis for accuracy
- Develop programs to ensure that manufacturing techniques do not allow errors which result in down-grading of good product to odd lot
- Keep the Plant Manager informed of any obstacles which prevent achievement of the above goals
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in reactive batch process
- Experience in a lab environment
- 5+ years previous experience in quality control and root cause analysis
- 5+ years manufacturing experience in chemical plant environment or related
- Familiarity of ISO programs
- QAKE Audit Experience
The company is offering a base salary, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, flex benefits, and 401K. Relocation package will be considered.