Records Retention/Document Control
Houston, TX 77072
Excellent long-term opportunity!
Our client located in Houston is searching for a records retention/document control contractor for 6-12 months! Will work in Houston and New Orleans. All travel expenses will be covered!
· Assists user departments with retention and destruction of records maintained inside and outside of the Central Records File Room in accordance with the company's record retention schedule and policy.
o 50% Central Records maintenance, research and filing/scanning
o 50% Record Retention retrieval, maintenance and destruction
Records Retention responsibilities:
· Enters, updates and maintains new and existing company record information (both electronic and physical) into database and maintains physical records in the Central Records File Room and offsite storage
· Monitors dates of destruction, maintains the records retention schedule and creates and circulates record destruction approvals
· Records all transactions regarding transfer and retrieval of company records, as requested by user departments, to and from offsite storage to insure consistency, accuracy and compliance with company policy.
· Responds to requests for information and assists user departments in use of offsite storage facilities and completion of required forms.
· Assists Area offices to ensure compliance with company record retention policy and updates Record Retention Intranet tab
· Manages vendor relationship and works to decrease offsite storage usage
· Monitors and reports on database improvement opportunities for the retention of information and records, including increasing record availability via database access
· Monitors litigation holds to assure files/boxes under the holds are not destroyed and are held past their retention date
· Keeps informed of current laws, regulations, industry practices, and technologies that affect record keeping practices.
Proficiency in TAB FUSION OR other records retrieval databases required.