Dallas, Texas 75001
Our Healthcare Client in the Dallas area is looking for an excellent Revenue Accountant to add to their team!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Highly developed organizational skills.
· Knowledge and experience using a general ledger accounting system.
· Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing software.
· Experience with computer based accounting systems.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong customer service orientation required.
· Maintain reports of actual billing/cash receipts data and validate go live status reports in order to appropriately defer or recognize revenue.
· Prepares journal entries.
· Completes monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
· Maintain the Fixed Assets and recording purchases and disposals.
· Compiles data and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports. Assists in special financial analysis projects.
· Reconciles bank accounts to the general ledger
· Participates in the preparation of hospital financial statements and reports for internal distribution and regulatory reporting.
· Assists in closing financial records.
· Initiates computer generated reports.
· Communicates with other departments concerning expenses and revenues within their area.
· Develops process improvements as needed.
· Produces 1099s for vendors.
· Minimum of 4 years hands on experience in accounting, auditing, or related field in a health care environment preferred.
· Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance required.