Senior Director, Corporate Tax
13403 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77040
Donovan & Watkins is currently partnered with an insurance company in Houston to hire a Senior Director of Corporate Tax!
This person will manage US income tax return and accounting compliance, tax planning, and tax research.
- Manage the US consolidated federal and state income tax compliance function and develop corporate-wide US tax compliance policies and procedures.
- Implement a process to direct and manage the consolidated annual and quarterly income tax accounting guidelines and develop corporate-wide tax accounting policies and procedures.
- Review, assess, and coordinate the implementation of tax and accounting software applications.
- Contribute in reviewing income tax consequences of corporate mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Oversee tax legislation and accounting pronouncement activity and develop tax policy and procedures to comply with changes in tax law and accounting standards.
- Minimum of 10 years of tax experience with 5+ years of management in large international companies
- Public accounting experience required
- Statutory income tax accounting
- Strong experience in corporate consolidated returns and insurance taxation
- Experience in Subchapter C (corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions), international taxes, and state income taxes
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, master’ s degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
**Base salary up to $190K plus bonus, commensurate with experience!
**For confidential consideration please reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.