ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Financial and operational transaction processing in the General Ledger for business line operations.
- Participate in accurate and timely closing of General ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Complete reconciliations for assigned accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and distribute reports and provide analysis/support as needed on a monthly basis.
- Complete ad hoc projects.
- Respond to questions and issues and communicate responses to operations and other functional areas in a clear and understandable manner.
- Deliver results individually and as a key team member in a fast paced, high performance culture.
- Identify process improvement opportunities as it relates to the individual’s area of responsibility.
- Assist with compiling and preparing analysis, schedules, and financial statements for internal purposes and financial audits.
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of relevant experience required in preparing complex reconciliations.
- Good Understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines, and working collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Must have very good MS office skills to include data export and import into Excel, pivot tables, and lookups.
- Oracle or other major ERP experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral, or diagram form.
- Must bring a desire and willingness to dive in and learn.
- account reconciliations
- Candidate should have good experience in month end close activities with general accounting background (payroll / benefit recons a plus).
- A plus to have experience in working in a SOX compliant environment; understanding that along with normal day-to-day duties, there are always QTR end and Year end audit requests.
- Experience with intercompany transactions; maybe background with a company with multiple ERPs or multiple legal entities
- Must have solid excel skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with different levels of the organization and have good communication skills. This position works a lot with HR/Payroll – fostering a good working relationship with them is always a win/win.
- Have solid time management skills.