Sr Payroll Tax Administrator - SSC
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Our client located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has an upcoming need for a direct hire Sr. Payroll Tax Administrator.
The Senior Payroll Tax Administrator provides Payroll/Tax support to all Clients customers through the Payroll Shared Services Center by processing transactions and answering Tax and Payroll questions. Responsibilities to include: Assisting the Payroll Tax Analyst and Administrator with problem solving and implementing best practices, InPat/ExPat/Foreign National employees and working with related vendors, payroll tax setup and reporting, and maintain the integrity of HR/Benefit/Payroll data. This position will keep informed about changes in Federal and State laws as they pertain to Payroll and tax processing, work as a team with the other SSC members, and interact with the Director and Managers on project work. Primary Responsibilities/Job Duties:
· Ensures the integrity of all HRIS records including employee information, reporting relationships, position codes, etc.
· Answers employee questions and assists with Payroll and Payroll Tax issue resolution for all North American employees.
· Responsible for reviewing and correcting any payroll tax related discrepancies within the payroll software and with the applicable federal, state and local agencies
· Assist the tax manager with the balancing and maintenance of all payroll tax documents and processes, to include:
· Quarterly tax filings and adjustments
· Year End processing
· Work with Payroll Team on all assignment incentives and allowances paid to International Assignees, Inbound Foreign Nationals, and domestic employees on assignments to ensure timely and accurate payment
· Work with Payroll Team for all entry pertaining to Foreign Nationals on ‘ shadow’ payroll to ensure all costs are recoded timely, accurately and in compliance with applicable tax law(s)
· Work with third party Tax Partners to ensure they have all necessary documentation to properly file US and Foreign tax returns
· Assist the Shared Services Center Administrators with tax related questions and procedures
Ensuring ongoing SOX compliance, as well as, all federal state and local Payroll tax regulations, reporting responsibilities, including preparation of required tax filings, statutory reports, tax remittance and payments
· Participate in special projects as assigned.
· Perform routing audits to ensure compliance with tax law(s) and company policies; including but not limited to accuracy of work and home location taxation
Cross Train with other members of the Tax Team and serve as back up on other tasks as necessary
· High school education or G.E.D.
· Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree in related field preferred.
Specific Job Skills:
· PC Skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database. (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments and ability to recommend improvements.
· Shared Services Center experience preferred, but not required.
· General knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll and payroll tax laws and regulations.
· Working knowledge of ADP Vantage and/or ADP tax services.
· General knowledge of varying types of Health and Welfare plans.
· Payroll FPC Professional designation preferred, but not required.
· Experience working in a union environment preferred, but not required.
· Sarbanes-Oxley (“ SOX”) experience preferred, but not required.
· Human Resources Information System (“ HRIS”) or other related HCM systems experience. ADP experience strongly preferred.
· Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and a passion for excellence in customer Services.
· Excellent command of English – fluency in Spanish or French desired.
· Five years directly related experience in Payroll/Payroll Tax Administration desired with thorough knowledge of departmental functions, procedures, terminology.