Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting
Houston, TX 77042
- Research and assess the impact of and document technical accounting issues.
- Draft technical memos and implement new GAAP guidance regs
- Assist with due diligence of target acquisitions or divestitures.
- Manage the transition of accounting processes and ledgers associated with target’ s financial position, statement of operations, and related cash flows.
- Assist with the preparation and / or analysis of monthly financial statements of targets as well as budget vs. actual analysis.
- Assisting with fair value accounting in connection with business combination guidance.
- Work with independent auditors to facilitate SAS 100 reviews and GAAS audits of target’ s financial records.
- Implements accounting processes and systems for new business development and works to streamline and improve processes.
- Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with the Partnership’ s policies and controls.
- Work with finance in verifying the completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness of assumptions utilized in financial models
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting; Masters of Accountancy or MBP preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent required
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of accounting experience with progressive responsibility required; Big 4 Public and exposure to / or experience in the Oil and Gas industry preferred; Minimum five years of experience in drafting technical memos and implementation of new GAAP guidance (Rev Reg leases, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of GAAP guidelines, SEC reporting requirements and auditor methodologies required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (advanced skills in Excel) required; pficiency with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Quorum Pipeline Transaction Management (QPTM); and TIPS Gas Plant Accounting Software a plus
- Must understand the full range of applicable business combination accounting guidance and VIE’ s