Staff Internal Auditor
919 Milam St #2100 Houston, Texas 77002
Our client, located in Downtown Houston, has an immediate need for an Internal Staff Auditor!
Staff Internal Auditor
- Execute all audit assignments in accordance to IIS and IPPF
- Support the audit lead in the development of an audit scope, comprehensive risk & control matrix, and audit program for evaluating the effectiveness of existing processes and controls to mitigate risk in assigned audit areas.
- Perform assigned audit steps with objectivity and to completion to ensure audit program procedures are properly performed. This includes reviewing process documentation to fully understand the process being audited, identifying risks within a process, determining the controls in place or needed to mitigate those risks, identifying process inefficiencies or duplicate controls, and developing recommendations for corrective action plans, if needed.
- Obtain, analyze, and examine evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
- Assist with interviews and interact with process owners and members of management. Interviews are conducted with professionalism and courtesy in order to build and maintain a positive working relationship with our audit customers.
- Document all audit work using the reperformance standard to ensure clarity and completeness of workpapers, testsheets and reports.
- Analyze or develop process flows through objective examination to provide accurate and current representation of processes, internal controls, control gaps, and/or process inefficiencies.
- Assist in making oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action, and suggesting improvements in operations and reductions in cost. Assist in the preparation of formal written reports expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out. Job Requirements
- Degree in Accounting/Business required
- 2-4 years of Internal Audit experience
- Experience in an accounting firm’ s Internal Audit practice preferred
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in the O&G midstream industry or mining industry
- Operational audit experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
- Experience with Oracle, TeamMate, and Data Extraction & Analysis Software such as IDEA or ACL a plus
- Professional certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
Please Apply, or send resumes in MS Word format to Cass at firstname.lastname@example.org.